Cape Girardeau City Council agenda 3/20/06
Monday, March 20, 2006
Cape Girardeau City Council agenda
City hall, 401 Independence St.
Study session at 5 p.m.
* Presentation to graduates of the Citizens Police Academy.
* Communications to be presented by the city manager or city staff.
* Appearance by Buz Sutherland of the Small Business Development Center.
* Appearances before the council on items listed on the agenda.
* Appearances before the council on items not listed on the agenda.
* An ordinance amending Chapter 30 of the Code of Ordinances of the city of Cape Girardeau by changing the zoning of property located at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, city and county of Cape Girardeau from R-1 to A-1. Second and Third Readings.
* An ordinance granting a special-use permit to Southeast Missouri Stone Co.
* An ordinance authorizing the city manager to execute an automatic mutual aid agreement with Scott City.
* An ordinance appropriating funds from the Convention/Visitors Special Revenue Fund for improvements to the Red Star Access.
* An ordinance amending city code relating to signs.
* An ordinance accepting temporary construction easements and permanent drainage easements from various property owners for the improvement of Linden Street.
* An ordinance accepting a waterline easement from Gregg and Yvonne Hallman, for water main improvements on County Road 206.
* A motion accepting into the city's system the water main improvements to serve residents on County Road 206.
* An ordinance annexing land to the city upon the request of Joseph James Jr.
* An ordinance accepting a permanent sewer easement from Earl Norman for the Prestwick Plantation.
* A resolution acknowledging receipt of an annexation petition from Gregg S. and Yvonne M. Hallman, and setting a public hearing regarding the proposed annexation.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a demolition contract with C & S Excavating.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an addendum to the general services contract with Bowen Engineering and Surveying for the Main Street parking lot improvements.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute an addendum to the general services contract with Koehler Engineering and Land Surveying for the Bloomfield Road Phase III Project, in the city of Cape Girardeau.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a general agreement for engineering services with S. H. Smith & Co.
* Appointments to the TIF Commission.
* Conditional approval of a retail liquor by the drink license for Global CafZ
* Approval of a temporary retail liquor by the drink license for the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, for an event to be held April 29.
n A motion accepting into the city's system the sanitary sewer improvements to serve unsubdivided property east of Whispering Oaks Subdivision.
n A motion accepting the improvements completed under the Lexington Trace Phase I and II and authorizing final payment to Lappe Cement Finishing.
n A motion filing the recommendation of the Planning and Zoning Commission to deny the request of Pat LaFont to rezone 402 Chesley Drive from single family residential district to local commercial district; or in the alternative, a motion setting a public hearing on the above request.