- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Kara Lovia Mason and Javier Francisco Aldrete were married May 7, 2005, at St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg, Mo. The Rev. David Coon performed the ceremony. Music was by Joseph Spalding of Scott City, pianist, and Trio Girardeaux. Vocalists were Joelle Trower, Mark Unterreiner, Rachael Essner and Eric McLain, members of Notre Dame Regional High School Choir, directed by Ellen Seyer, choir director.
Mass servers were Sarah and Alex Eichhorn of Scott City. Giftbearers were Tony, Anne, Abigail and Anthony Heisserer of Scott City. Lector was Delores Chambers of Manhattan, Kan.
The bride is the daughter of David and Linda Mason of Scott City. The groom is the son of Epigmenio and Maria Aldrete of Kansas City, Mo.
Maids of honor were Janel Mason of Manhattan and Erin Mason of Scott City, sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Melissa Aldrete of Kansas City, sister of the groom, and Sarah Eftink of Benton, Mo., cousin of the bride.
Carey Kramer of Kansas City was best man. Groomsmen were Mark Harris of San Diego, Calif.; Chris Heisserer of Scott City and Adam Heisserer of Plano, Texas, cousins of the bride. Ushers were Brian Heisserer of Scott City and Jon Jamaitis of Manchester, Conn., cousins of the bride.
Candlelighters were Emilie Heisserer and Jessica Eftink, cousins of the bride. Emilie is the daughter of William and Elaine Heisserer of Plano. Jessica is the daughter of Daniel and Lisa Eftink of Benton.
Flower girl and page were Allison and Joseph Beggs, children of Bruce and Karen Beggs of Kelso and cousins of the bride. Ringbearer was Edgar Chambers V, son of Edgar and Delores Chambers IV of Manhattan.
Teri Jamaitis of Manchester, cousin of the bride, attended the guest book.
The reception was held at Drury Lodge. Servers were Ruth Heisserer, Lisa Eftink and Karen Beggs, aunts of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 6 at Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City.
Mrs. Aldrete is a 1997 graduate of Notre Dame High School, and received a bachelor of journalism from the University of Missouri-Columbia in 2001. She is a graphic designer with Russell Stover Candies Inc. in Kansas City.
The groom is a 1994 graduate of Park Hill High School, and received a bachelor of science in accounting from Northwest Missouri State University in 1998. He is a CPA and internal auditor at VT Inc. in Shawnee Mission, Kan.
After a wedding trip to Spain and Morocco, the couple resides in Kansas City.