- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Johanna Beth Gordon and Joshua Tyler Brooks were married June 11, 2005, at Cape Bible Chapel in Cape Girardeau. Dan Greene and Gary Brooks performed the ceremony. Musicians were Ralph Sharp and the Cape Bible Chapel Praise Team. Violinist was Jordan Reynolds of Manchester, Mo., and soloist was Brad Berry of Jackson.
The bride is the daughter of Debra and Rick Chastain of Jackson and Peter Gordon of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of the Rev. Gary and Jenny Brooks of Ballwin, Mo.
The bride was presented in marriage by her father.
Maid of honor was Kerrie Gordon of Bolivar, Mo., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Leslie Gordon of Jackson, sister of the bride; Megan Marchi of Jackson, Gina Scully of Folsom, Calif., and Erin Brooks of Ballwin, Mo., sister of the groom.
Judson Brooks of Ballwin was best man. Groomsmen were Jesse Brooks of Ballwin, brother of the groom; Tyler Mullins of Ballwin, Josh Seabaugh of St. Louis, and Matt Gordon of Jackson, brother of the bride. Ushers were J.Q. Affleck of Chesterfield, Mo., Jeff Pyle of Ballwin, Boyd Comfort of Blue Springs, Mo., Jeremy McGannon of Kansas City, Mo., and Chris Katz of Bolivar.
Candlelighters were Wendy Blankenship of Oxford, Miss., and Jan Eckert of Nashville, Tenn.
Flower girl was Chloe Smeltzer, daughter of Joel and Lisa Smeltzer of Indian River, Mich., and cousin of the groom. Ringbearer was Paden Anderson, son of Matthias and Heather Anderson of Hixson, Texas.
Usherettes were Lindsey Smeltzer, cousin of the groom, and Megan Morris of Monet, Mo.
A dinner and dance reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson. Servers were Shelby McBride and Debby Baker of Jackson, Marilyn Ingram of Waterloo, Ill., and Darleta Darnell of St. Charles, Mo.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 10 at Cape Bible Chapel.
Mrs. Brooks is a graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in therapeutic recreation from Southwest Baptist University at Bolivar. She is associate director of independent living for Willows Way Inc. in St. Charles.
The groom is a graduate of Parkway West High School in Chesterfield. He received a bachelor of science degree in business administration from the University of Missouri-Columbia. He is merchandising analyst with Home Decorators Collection in Hazelwood, Mo.
After a wedding trip to Panama City, Fla., the couple resides in O'Fallon, Mo.