- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CAIRO, Ill. -- Lola M. Villarreal, 76, of Barlow, Ky., formerly of Cairo, died Thursday, March 16, 2006, at Metropolis Health Care and Rehabilitation Center in Metropolis, Ill.
She was born Aug. 6, 1929, at Parma, Mo., daughter of William and Rose Timmons Parker.
Survivors include a daughter, Vicki Betts of Metropolis; five sisters, Pauline Herndon of LaCenter, Ky., Ruth Eustice and Mary Parker of Barlow, Carole Churchill of Paducah, and Betty Reichert of Cairo; a friend, George Gibson of Barlow; two grandsons; and five great-grandchildren.
There is no visitation.
A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Monday at Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge, Ill., with the Rev. Norma Glenn officiating.
Barkett Funeral Home in Cairo is in charge of arrangements.