- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)9
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)57
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- City wants to put hold on shipping container houses for now (4/17/17)1
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Column displayed poor taste
To the editor:
The March 12 "His and hers" column ("All hail Wilson, conqueror of snot monsters") by Callie Clark Miller and Bob Miller was a full column of total disgust. Bob Miller's body fluids are of no interest to any of your readers, I'm sure.
As a former language teacher, I can assure you if one of my students had written this, I'd have given him an F.
The numerous references to Miller's "snot" (and I am quoting here) certainly ruined my appetite for breakfast that morning.
What in the world were you thinking? How could this article slip by you? I'm still grossed out and will continue to be every time I think about it. This was very poor taste.
P. BOLLINGER, Marble Hill, Mo.