- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Column displayed poor taste
To the editor:
The March 12 "His and hers" column ("All hail Wilson, conqueror of snot monsters") by Callie Clark Miller and Bob Miller was a full column of total disgust. Bob Miller's body fluids are of no interest to any of your readers, I'm sure.
As a former language teacher, I can assure you if one of my students had written this, I'd have given him an F.
The numerous references to Miller's "snot" (and I am quoting here) certainly ruined my appetite for breakfast that morning.
What in the world were you thinking? How could this article slip by you? I'm still grossed out and will continue to be every time I think about it. This was very poor taste.
P. BOLLINGER, Marble Hill, Mo.