- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
Column displayed poor taste
To the editor:
The March 12 "His and hers" column ("All hail Wilson, conqueror of snot monsters") by Callie Clark Miller and Bob Miller was a full column of total disgust. Bob Miller's body fluids are of no interest to any of your readers, I'm sure.
As a former language teacher, I can assure you if one of my students had written this, I'd have given him an F.
The numerous references to Miller's "snot" (and I am quoting here) certainly ruined my appetite for breakfast that morning.
What in the world were you thinking? How could this article slip by you? I'm still grossed out and will continue to be every time I think about it. This was very poor taste.
P. BOLLINGER, Marble Hill, Mo.