- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Win or lose tonight, the Southeast Missouri State University women's basketball team has had a groundbreaking year. The Redhawks have a 22-8 record and won the Ohio Valley Conference tournament to earn their first-ever trip to the NCAA tournament. They also shared first place in the OVC.
Coach B.J. Smith and his team go up against a talented Stanford Cardinal team in Denver tonight. Stanford annually fields one of the nation's best women's basketball teams in the nation. This is the 19th year in a row the Cardinal has played in the NCAA post-season tournament. Stanford has won two national championships. Few teams can match that record.
About 100 Southeast fans are expected to be in Denver to support the team.
If any team goes into this tournament with momentum, it's the Redhawks, who have won 16 of their last 17 games. We know Southeast's women will play hard until the final buzzer.