- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)4
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)7
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Win or lose tonight, the Southeast Missouri State University women's basketball team has had a groundbreaking year. The Redhawks have a 22-8 record and won the Ohio Valley Conference tournament to earn their first-ever trip to the NCAA tournament. They also shared first place in the OVC.
Coach B.J. Smith and his team go up against a talented Stanford Cardinal team in Denver tonight. Stanford annually fields one of the nation's best women's basketball teams in the nation. This is the 19th year in a row the Cardinal has played in the NCAA post-season tournament. Stanford has won two national championships. Few teams can match that record.
About 100 Southeast fans are expected to be in Denver to support the team.
If any team goes into this tournament with momentum, it's the Redhawks, who have won 16 of their last 17 games. We know Southeast's women will play hard until the final buzzer.