- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
No poison found in Milosevic's blood
THE HAGUE, Netherlands -- An autopsy and tests on Slobodan Milosevic's blood found no evidence of poison or drugs in concentrations that could have killed him, the U.N. war crimes tribunal said Friday. Tribunal president Judge Fausto Pocar said an outside investigation will be conducted on the running of the U.N. detention center where Milosevic was held during his four-year trial and where he died March 11. Milosevic was ruled to have died of a heart attack, but questions were raised by his son and his supporters about the cause of death after it was reported he had been taking medicines that were not prescribed by the U.N. cardiologist.
Afghan police find possible kidnap victims
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan -- A roadside bomb hit a convoy carrying the bodies of four men believed to be Macedonians kidnapped in southern Afghanistan a day after the remains were recovered, a provincial governor said. Five police were killed and three wounded. Kandahar Gov. Asadullah Khalid said the bodies were found late Thursday in a mountainous region in the Maywand district of Kandahar province. "We sent an investigation team to the Maywand area where we found the bodies of the four foreigners in the mountains," Khalid said.
Prince Charles wins judgment on diary
LONDON -- Prince Charles won a court judgment Friday barring publication of more extracts from a private diary, but a judge ordered a trial to determine if other journals acquired by a newspaper should stay private. The ruling triggered speculation the prince could be called to testify. But Charles' office said the heir to the throne would not take the stand. Charles had sued the publisher of the Mail on Sunday newspaper for breaches of confidentiality and copyright. The paper had published excerpts from a diary he kept during a 1997 visit to Hong Kong.
American ambassador ready for talks with Iran
BAGHDAD, Iraq -- The American ambassador said Friday he wants U.S.-Iranian talks about Iraq to be held in Baghdad and focus on "our concern with Iranian policies in Iraq." Tehran's foreign minister predicted the groundbreaking session, if it happens, could untangle the Iraqi political crisis and open the way for a new government. But members of Iraq's Sunni Arab minority objected to any discussions with Shiite-dominated Iran.
-- From wire reports