- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Davis appointed student regent at Southeast
Christopher Davis, a Southeast Missouri State University student from St. Louis, has been appointed as the school's new student regent.
Gov. Matt Blunt appointed Davis on Feb. 7. The Missouri Senate confirmed the appointment on March 2.
School officials said he will be sworn in as the newest member of the board at the next meeting of the regents. The meeting hasn't been scheduled yet, but it likely will be in April, Southeast officials said.
Davis replaces India Jeffery of St. Louis, whose term on the board has expired. Davis' term will run through Dec. 31, 2007.
Davis, a junior, is majoring in criminal justice and minoring in political science. He works on campus in the office of minority student programs.
The student regent participates in meetings of the board of regents but doesn't have a vote.
Davis traveled with the school's other regents to Denver, Colo., on Thursday to watch Southeast Missouri State University's women's basketball team play in the NCAA tournament. Reached on his cellular phone, Davis said he didn't have time to comment on his appointment.