- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
People on the move 03/13/06
KFVS' Kathy Sweeney returns to broadcasts
Kathy Sweeney returns to over-the-air television as new anchor for Heartland News at 5 p.m. on KFVS12 starting today. Sweeney began at KFVS12 in 1994 as a general assignment reporter in the station's Southern Illinois newsroom. After being promoted to bureau chief in Southern Illinois, she became the weekend anchor for KFVS12's Saturday and Sunday evening newscasts. In 2003, Sweeney left the air to continue her career in news management as assistant news director. Sweeney attended Southern Illinois University and graduated from Southern Illinois University in 1989 with a major in radio/television news and a minor in speech communication. Sweeney will keep the assistant news director title and will continue to play a leadership role in the newsroom.
Capaha Bank adds mortgage specialist
Capaha Bank has hired Cindy M. Webb of Perryville, Mo., as a residential mortgage specialist. Webb will be primarily focused on the Jackson market and will be permanently housed in the new Capaha Bank branch in Jackson when it relocates this summer to 727 West Main St. Webb graduated from Southeast Missouri State University in 1995 with a bachelor's degree. She previously worked for Mercantile Bank, Union Planters Bank (now Regions Bank) and Point Independent Mortgage.
Dana Corp. names employee of the month
Cell technician Sarah Messmer has been named Dana's March employee of the month. Messmer has worked at the local facility since 1991.
-- From staff reports