- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Business memo 03/13/06
Fitness Plus receives award for facility design
Saint Francis Medical Center's Fitness Plus is the winner of Fitness Management magazine's 2006 Nova7Awards for facility design, construction and decoration. Fitness Plus was judged against health and fitness facilities ranging from community centers and health clubs to corporate fitness centers and medically based programs throughout the world. Fitness Management magazine created a panel of 19 judges who are experts in the field.
Buffalo Wild Wings wins company honors
Buffalo Wild Wings Inc. has announced that Cape Girardeau franchisee Bill Zellmer has been awarded the Operator of the Year award for his dedication to the growth and success of Buffalo Wild Wings. Zellmer currently owns a Buffalo Wild Wings franchise in Cape Girardeau and will open another location in 2006. This award was given in February at the annual Buffalo Wild Wings company conference in Las Vegas.
-- From staff reports