- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
GLENALLEN, Mo. -- Dora Ruth Back, 80, of Glenallen died Wednesday, March 8, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 12, 1925, in Lesterville, Mo., daughter of Nathaniel and Gertrude Maples Alcorn. She and Charles F. Back Jr. were married Aug. 30, 1946.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Karen Gallagher and Loretta Porter of St. Peters, Mo.; a brother, Ermon Alcorn of Branson, Mo.; two sisters, Helen Martin of Mindenmines, Mo., Eileen Riffey of Carlinville, Ill.; two grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by five brothers, a sister and two grandchildren.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bobby Robbins and Darrell Back officiating. Burial will be in Grassy Friendship Cemetery at Grassy, Mo.