- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Dewey M. Barrett, 76, of Anna died Monday, March 6, 2006, at Marion Veterans Administration Medical Center in Marion, Ill.
He was born Sept. 1, 1929, in Cape Girardeau, son of Linder and Effie Mae Allen Barrett. He and Myrtle B. Brown were married Nov. 17, 1956, in Corinth, Miss. She died Nov. 12, 2004.
Formerly of McClure, Ill., Barrett was a rural mail carrier in McClure more than 20 years, and operated Barrett Repairs in McClure more than 30 years. He was a former member of VFW Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau and American Legion Post in McClure.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include a daughter, Debby Barrett of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 4 to 7 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Bill Joyce officiating. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery in McClure.