- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
JoAnn Petzoldt, 58, of Jackson passed away Sunday, March 5, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Sept. 1, 1947, in Jackson, daughter of the late Cecil and Doris Brown Sauerbrunn. She and Truman Petzoldt were married Oct. 1, 1966.
JoAnn was a 1965 graduate of Oak Ridge High School. She and Truman were members of St. John's United Church of Christ in Fruitland.
JoAnn was the organist 30 plus years and taught youth Sunday school 30 plus years.
She formerly sold Avon and worked for Kmart in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her loving husband of 39 years, Truman; two sons and daughters-in-law, Roger D. and Patti Petzoldt of Jackson, Gary W. and Rhonda Petzoldt of Bushnell, Fla.; three grandchildren, Morgan, Codie and Ashlee; and a great-grandson, Noah.
Also surviving are two brothers and sisters-in-law, Richard L. and Rhonda Sauerbrunn of Jackson, Ronald G. and Patty Sauerbrunn of Oak Ridge; and a sister and brother-in-law, Ruth and Dean Winstead of Cape Girardeau.
Friends may call today from 4 to 8 p.m. at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be Wednesday at 2 p.m. at the funeral home, with the Revs. Sam Roethemeyer and David Schaffner officiating. Interment will follow in St. John's Cemetery at Fruitland.
Expressions of sympathy may take the form of contributions to St. John's Church or Southeast Hospice.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.