- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Joe Lynn Allen, 78, of Festus, Mo., formerly of Cape Girardeau, died Saturday, March 4, 2006, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, Mo.
He was born Feb. 21, 1928, in Jackson, son of William Lynn and Alta Idler Hall Allen. He and Shirley Jean Crites were married Jan. 24, 1953, in Piggott, Ark.
Allen was a mechanic and was previously employed at Montgomery Ward in Cape Girardeau and Kmart, retiring in 1977. He served in Japan with the U.S. Army during World War II. He was a member of the Light House Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include his wife, Shirley J. Allen of Festus; two sons, Gene W. Allen of Hillsboro, Mo., and Oscar L. Allen of Festus; a daughter, Dianna L. Stockman of Desoto, Mo.; two sisters, Hattie Slinkard of Whitewater and Mary Niswonger of Jackson; five grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by five brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today and from 8:30 a.m. until service time Tuesday at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home in Jackson.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home with the Rev. David Pringle officiating. Burial will be at Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson with full military honors.