- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Veterans remembered by Southeast Missouri State University ROTC cadets
More than 100 men and women at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau received valentine cards and gifts from Southeast Missouri State University Air Force ROTC cadets.
The cadets who created this community service project wanted to make the holiday special and personal for the residents.
Four cadets personally met with each veteran at the home, but the entire cadet corps worked together signing the valentine cards and wrapping the gifts.
The cadet corps visits the veterans home several times a year, fostering bonds between the cadets and veterans.