- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Cape public library events planned for this month
The Cape Girardeau Public Library has announced its calendar of events for the latter half of the month.
* March 17 to April 14, Circus Reading Program for readers and listeners ages 2 to 12. The library is teaming up with Ringling Brothers Barnum and Bailey Circus for a reading program that enables participants to earn prizes as they enjoy circus-related books. Participants with at least three hours of completed reading will earn a certificate they can exchange for a free ticket voucher to see the Greatest Show on Earth, performing at the Show-Me Center April 17, 18 and 19. Sign up at the youth services desk on or after March 17.
* 7 p.m. March 20, Poetry coffee house theme is Women Poet Laureates.
* 7 p.m. March 21, "Foreign Film at the Library" features "Hawaii, Oslo," winner of the 2005 Norwegian Film Critic's award and Norway's official entry for the Best Foreign Language Film for the 2004 Academy Awards. Runs approximately 2 hours. Age 17 and older. Snacks will be available. For more information, call 334-5279.
* 7 p.m. March 23, explore the joys of duct tape, look at duct tape fashions and make a duct tape wallet. Call 334-5279 or register online at capelibrary.org.
* 2 p.m. March 28, the Great Decisions 2006 topic is "China and India: Partners or Competitors"; 6:30 p.m. Beginner Computer Training: Searching the Internet.
* 7 p.m. March 29, book discussion group title: "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" by J.K. Rowling.