- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
BENTON, Mo. -- Katherine Fern Hency, 65, of Benton died Wednesday, March 1, 2006, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 11, 1941, at Oriole, daughter of Jesse Eugene and Mary Katherine McLain Wissman. She and Don Hency were married Aug. 10, 1968.
Hency was a seamstress and child-care provider. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church at Chaffee, and Scott City VFW Auxiliary to Post 6407. She was a former member of Scott City Garden Club.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Greg Hency of Benton, Jeff Hency of Scott City, Kenny Hency of Chaffee, Mo.; two daughters, Kathy Smith of Kansas City, Mo., Holly LaRose of Cape Girardeau; her mother of Cape Girardeau; four brothers, Wayne and Mark Wissman of Fruitland, Donnie Wissman of Sedgewickville, Mo., Zane Wissman of Oak Ridge; 11 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 6:30.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.