- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Agnes Catherine Gentemann, 90, of Marble Hill died Wednesday, March 1, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Nov. 17, 1915, in York County Neb., daughter of Frank Layton and Margarita Foley. She and James Gentemann were married Aug. 16, 1940, at Millwood.
Gentemann was a registered nurse at St. Elizabeth Hospital in Lincoln, Neb., and was a member of St. John Catholic Church in Leopold.
Survivors include two sons; James Gentemann Jr. and his wife Dorothy of North Palm Beach, Fla., Benton Gentemann and his wife Rose of Huntington Beach, Calif.; three daughters, Phyllis Seymore of Corpus Christi, Texas, Jonetta Anderson and husband David of Cleveland Heights, Ohio, Michelle Troxell and husband Calvin of Marble Hill; 16 grandchildren; and 6 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, four brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday.
Funeral will be at St. John Church Saturday at 9 a.m. The Rev. Bill Huggins will officiate, with burial at St. Alphonsus Cemetery.