- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Brenda Sue Myers, 57, of Mayfield, Ky., died Thursday, Feb. 23, 2006, at Western Baptist Hospital in Paducah, Ky.
She was born March 7, 1948, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Charles and Wanda Gross Cox.
Myers was a receptionist at West Kentucky Rural Telephone. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Mayfield.
Survivors include a daughter, Dara Vaughn of Mayfield; her parents of Whitewater; a brother, Basil Cox of Jackson; two sisters, Vickie Burke of Glenwood Springs, Colo., Bobbie Barber of St. Louis; and a granddaughter.
The funeral was held Sunday at First Baptist Church in Mayfield, with the Rev. Bob Swift officiating. Burial was Monday in Whitewater Cemetery at Whitewater.