- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Bollinger County incumbents file
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Two Republicans and one Democrat filed Tuesday as candidates to replace retiring Bollinger County Recorder of Deeds Winonah Ossig.
The candidates include Republicans Dana Fulbright of the Scopus, Mo., area and Linda Schreckenberg from near Leopold, Mo.; and Democrat Patti Barrett of Marble Hill, election officials said.
Fulbright is currently the deputy recorder of deeds. Schreckenberg is the deputy county clerk. Barrett works in the circuit clerk's office.
Six officeholders filed for re-election on the first day of filing for county offices: Circuit Clerk Sharon Lutes, County Clerk Diane Holzum, Treasurer Naomi Null, Collector Bob Anderson, Presiding Commissioner Wayne Johnson and Associate Circuit Judge Scott Thomsen.