- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Milton Rayford Shrum, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, Feb. 26, 2006, at Missouri Veterans Home.
He was born Jan. 6, 1920, in Cape Girardeau County, son of Joseph and Nora Hahn Shrum. He and Virginia Ridings were married Jan. 10, 1942, in Marquand, Mo. She preceded him in death Jan. 2, 1997.
Mr. Shrum moved to Cape Girardeau in 1945 from Bollinger County.
He served in the Army Air Force from Jan. 31, 1942, to Oct. 11, 1945, and was a veteran of World War II in the Asiatic Pacific Theater.
Mr. Shrum worked for D.O. Harrison Co. in highway construction 35 years. Prior to that he had worked for Burton Gerhardt. He was a member of Maple United Methodist Church.
He is survived by a son, Kenneth Shrum of Nashville, Tenn.; a brother, Peyton Shrum of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Loraine Krekel of Marble Hill, Mo.; a grandchild, Melanie Juedes of Madison, Wis.; and a great-grandchild, Maura Juedes of Madison.
In addition to his wife and parents, he was preceded in death by a son, Don Shrum, Jan. 21, 2003.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home today from 4 to 7 p.m.
The funeral will be held at the funeral home Wednesday at 11 a.m., with the Rev. Jim Cooper officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park, with graveside military rites conducted by Missouri Honors Team.