- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Sports briefs 2/28/06
* An East Texas jury on Monday found a man guilty of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in the shooting of Canton high school football coach Gary Joe Kinne.
The same panel then began considering a penalty Monday afternoon for Jeff Doyal Robertson, who faces a prison sentence of two to 20 years. The jury in this small town about 60 miles east of Dallas rejected a charge of aggravated assault on a public servant in favor of the lesser charge.
Robertson, a hearing and air conditioning repairman, shot Kinne in April. Kinne was critically injured but has since recovered and is on the coaching staff of Baylor University.
* Lance Armstrong will have something to keep his mind off a certain cycling competition in July: He'll be hosting the 14th annual ESPY Awards, officials said Monday.
-- From wire reports