- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Kristi Lynn Leadbetter and Michael James Birk were married May 24, 2003, at Emanuel United Church of Christ in Jackson. The Rev. Samuel Roethemeyer performed the ceremony. Organist was Christy Shinn of Gordonville, and soloist was Kelly Crawford of Jackson.
The bride is the daughter of Gary and Julie Leadbetter of Jackson. The groom is the son of Ted and Nancy Ernst and Roger and Tammy Birk, all of Jackson.
Maid of honor was Christen Slusher of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Jessica Nelson of Jackson; Jessica Bock and Cassi Bock of Jackson, both cousins of the bride.
Robert Haupt of Cape Girardeau, brother-in-law of the groom, was best man. Groomsmen were Samuel Birk of Cape Girardeau, brother of the groom; Dale Van Dyke of Springfield, Mo., and Ralph Boester of Illinois. Ushers were Matt Leadbetter, brother of the bride; David Birk, stepbrother of the groom; and Ricky Feiner, all of Jackson.
Candlelighters were Zach Ernst, cousin of the groom, and Whitney Beussink, cousin of the bride. Zach is the son of Duane and Denise Ernst of Perryville, Mo. Whitney is the daughter of Larry and Patti Beussink of Jackson.
Flower girl was Morgan Schubert, daughter of Tyke and Gayla Schubert of Jackson and cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Brady Heisserer, son of Billy and Cindy Heisserer of Jackson and cousin of the bride.
Pamela Haupt of Cape Girardeau, sister of the groom, attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the American Legion Hall. Servers were Judy Bryant and Jaci Gohn of Jackson, Jan Nicholson of Uniontown, Mo., aunts of the bride; and Janet Birk of North Carolina, aunt of the groom.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 23 at the church.
Mrs. Birk is a 2001 graduate of Jackson High School, and is pursuing a degree in child development at Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed at Schnucks and Mazzio's.
The groom is a 2002 graduate of Jackson High School, and is pursuing a degree in accounting at Southeast. He is employed at Mazzio's and The Electronics Boutique.
After a wedding trip to Gulf Shores, Ala., the couple is residing in Jackson.