- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
First Baptist Church in Jackson was the setting June 14, 2003, for the wedding of Julie Michelle Menz and Mark Darin Kiehne. Robert Menz of Sydney, Ohio, uncle of the bride, performed the ceremony. Music was by Trio Girardeaux of Cape Girardeau.
Parents of the bride are Rob and Carla Scheper of Gordonville and Kenneth Menz of Chaffee, Mo. Kiehne is the son of Larry and Lois Kiehne of Millersville.
Maid of honor was Jill Becker of Jackson, and matron of honor was Becky Guzman of Oran, Mo., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Kimberly Edwards of Jackson, Estelle Burns of Troy, N.Y., and Tara Conner of Cape Girardeau.
Michael Kiehne of Jackson served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were John Harpole of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the groom; Robert White, Matt VanAmburg and George White, all of Jackson. Ushers were Cory Johnson of Cape Girardeau, Toby Crowden of Jackson, and Jacob Scheper of Gordonville, brother of the bride.
Flower girl was Megan McKee, daughter of David and Brenda McKee of Jackson and niece of the groom.
Jessica Stause of Leopold, Mo., sister of the bride, attended the guest book. Programs were handed out by Justin McKee, son of David and Brenda McKee and nephew of the groom.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Cape Girardeau Country Club.
The couple's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 13 at Celebrations Restaurant and Bar in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Kiehne is a 1996 graduate of Jackson High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in early childhood education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2001, and expects to receive a master's degree in elementary administration from William Woods University in 2004. She is a fourth grade teacher at West Lane Elementary in the Jackson R-2 School District.
The groom is a 1993 graduate of Jackson High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in elementary education from Arkansas State University in 1998, and received a master's degree in elementary administration from William Woods University in 2003. He is a sixth grade teacher at Jackson Middle School.
After a cruise to the Western Caribbean, the couple is residing in Jackson.