- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Alvin Dunn, 75, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, July 11, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born March 8, 1928, in Allenville, Mo., son of Oscar and Reva Brown Dunn.
Formerly of Whitewater, he was a truck driver for 22 years for Central Packing Co. and for Jerry Lipps for three years, retiring in 1973.
Survivors include a son, Bill Dunn of Cape Girardeau; three daughters, Ruth Glastetter of Chaffee, Mo., Linda Cook of Keller, Texas, and Rosezetta Moyers of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Don Dunn of Hillsboro, Mo., and Bob Dunn of Antonio, Texas; two sisters, Noami Ervin of Cape Girardeau and Doris Lenz of Alton, Ill.; seven grandchildren; two stepgrandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
There will be no visitation or funeral. A private memorial service at the family farm will take place.
Ford & Sons Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.