- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Cairo can't afford any employees
To the editor:
I think it is time for the residents of Cairo, Ill., to band together and admit they can no longer afford a city council or a mayor or any other city employee. A small fortune has been wasted right there in Alexander County, and there is nothing to show for it except disgrace and scandal to the entire county. I am ashamed for them. This mayor and council racket needs to be stopped by someone who has the authority. Cairo is gone, and that is all you can say about it. So accept the facts.
DORIS DICKERSON, Miller City, Ill.