- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Cairo can't afford any employees
To the editor:
I think it is time for the residents of Cairo, Ill., to band together and admit they can no longer afford a city council or a mayor or any other city employee. A small fortune has been wasted right there in Alexander County, and there is nothing to show for it except disgrace and scandal to the entire county. I am ashamed for them. This mayor and council racket needs to be stopped by someone who has the authority. Cairo is gone, and that is all you can say about it. So accept the facts.
DORIS DICKERSON, Miller City, Ill.