- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)1
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
Cairo can't afford any employees
To the editor:
I think it is time for the residents of Cairo, Ill., to band together and admit they can no longer afford a city council or a mayor or any other city employee. A small fortune has been wasted right there in Alexander County, and there is nothing to show for it except disgrace and scandal to the entire county. I am ashamed for them. This mayor and council racket needs to be stopped by someone who has the authority. Cairo is gone, and that is all you can say about it. So accept the facts.
DORIS DICKERSON, Miller City, Ill.