- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)23
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Cairo can't afford any employees
To the editor:
I think it is time for the residents of Cairo, Ill., to band together and admit they can no longer afford a city council or a mayor or any other city employee. A small fortune has been wasted right there in Alexander County, and there is nothing to show for it except disgrace and scandal to the entire county. I am ashamed for them. This mayor and council racket needs to be stopped by someone who has the authority. Cairo is gone, and that is all you can say about it. So accept the facts.
DORIS DICKERSON, Miller City, Ill.