- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Cairo can't afford any employees
To the editor:
I think it is time for the residents of Cairo, Ill., to band together and admit they can no longer afford a city council or a mayor or any other city employee. A small fortune has been wasted right there in Alexander County, and there is nothing to show for it except disgrace and scandal to the entire county. I am ashamed for them. This mayor and council racket needs to be stopped by someone who has the authority. Cairo is gone, and that is all you can say about it. So accept the facts.
DORIS DICKERSON, Miller City, Ill.