- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Man charged with sexual assault of girlfriend
A Cape Girardeau man was being held in the Cape Girardeau County jail Saturday night for alleged sexual assault.
Raymont D. Noldon, 27, of 3019 Aspen Drive, No. 3, was arrested Friday evening. Noldon allegedly raped his 26-year-old girlfriend late Thursday night at her west side apartment complex.
The sexual assault was reported by the victim on Friday. According to the victim, Noldon allegedly raped her with a coathanger after an argument, then held her down, cut her hair and choked her.
Noldon was identified by the victim as her attacker and was arrested on an outstanding warrant from St. Louis. A warrant was issued Saturday charging Noldon with deviant sexual assault and two counts of second-degree domestic assault. Bond was set at $25,000.