- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Vicki Jo Tucker, 54, of Castalian Springs, Tenn., died Thursday, Feb. 23, 2006, in Castalian Springs.
She was born June 18, 1951, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Billy Marion and Wilma Ruth Dunn Williamson. She was raised in Essex, Mo., and was a member of Essex Assembly of God Church.
Tucker lived in Cape Girardeau many years and was a registered nurse. She had worked in labor and delivery at Southeast Missouri Hospital, and as a public health and home health nurse with Cape Girardeau County Public Health Department.
She moved to Indiana in 1989 and received a bachelor's degree in business and worked as a case manager with an insurance company. She moved back to Missouri in 1997, and later moved to Tennessee.
Survivors include a daughter, Jill Tucker of Columbus, Miss.; a son, Shannon Tucker of Cape Girardeau; her mother of Essex; two brothers, Don Williamson of Gonzales, La., Billy Williamson of Essex; a sister, Sharon Platipodis of St. Louis; and a granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by her father and an infant sister.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at Watkins and Sons Funeral Home in Dexter, Mo., with the Rev. David Schaffner officiating. Burial will be in Essex Cemetery.