- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Saint Francis, Red Letter Communications, The Wright Group picked for ADDY Awards
Saint Francis Medical Center, Red Letter Communications and The Wright Group won best of show Friday at the 2005 Tri-State Advertising and Marking Professionals ADDY Awards dinner.
The ceremony was held at the Drury Lodge in Cape Girardeau, and recognized local advertisers' work in 2005.
Perhaps one the most visible winners was Red Letter Communications' best of show for print media. The group won for their billboard campaign for the Cape Visitor's Bureau.
The billboards run along Interstate 55 and feature historic figures, such as Mark Twain, who visited Cape Girardeau in the past.
Before the awards presentation began, a video presentation showed possible future billboard campaigns featuring recent events, such as actor Johnny Knoxville visiting town for a movie shoot.
"Have a threesome in Cape Girardeau ... Johnny Knoxville did," the presentation joked, showing a mock-up of a Knoxville billboard.
James Riley, Red Letter chief executive officer and creative director, said the billboard project was especially important because it was an opportunity to showcase their hometown.
"We tried to evoke the things about Cape Girardeau, the mystique," Riley said.
Red Letter Communications took home a total of seven awards at the ceremony.
"We certainly enjoy winning awards," Riley said with smile. "But the real measure of our advertising happens real close to the cash register."
Saint Francis, in addition to winning nine awards, won best of show in electronic media for its January cardiac television campaign.
The Wright Group won the third best of show category, for mixed-media, with their campaign for Semco Distributing Inc. The also took home a total of seven awards.
Another big winner was Craig Williams Creative Inc., who took home nine awards.
Out of 150 entries, there were 60 winners.
"It's amazing to me how good the entries were this year," said Dan Timpe, president of Tri-State.
2005 ADDY award winners
* Catalog: The Wright Group for Semco Distributing's Building Stone Catalog, and The Wright Group for Cap America Golf's Headwear for the Game.
* Sales kits: Abby, Ink for Rodney Arnold Homes' Cloverdale Ranch Promotion Kit.
* Packaging: Abby, Ink for Rodney Arnold Homes' Castle Rock Village Promotional Kit.
* CD/DVD/VHS/cassette: Saint Francis Medical Center for its Physician Recruitment DVD.
* A counter top or attached: Red Letter Communications for the STIHL Blower Floor Graphic.
* Stationery package: Horizon Media Group/Paducah Printing for LOAF Grocery Stationery, and Red Letter Communications for Kaelin Dental Group Stationary Package.
* Annual Report, four-color: Saint Francis Medical Center for its 2005 annual report, and Southeast Missouri Hospital for "A Legacy of Care."
* Brochure, four-color: The Wright Group for American Society of Concrete Contractor's ASCC Folder.
* Publication design (magazine or book), cover: Craig Williams Creative Inc. for Blytheville/Gosnell Area Chamber of Commerce's Blytheville/Gosnell Community Profile, for Kirksville Area Chamber of Commerce and for Greater San Antonio's Chamber of Commerce San Antonio 2005 Relocation Guide.
* Publication design (magazine or book), editorial spread: Craig Williams Creative Inc. for Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce's "Naperville -- 175 Years of Success" foreward; for Oak Ridge Chamber of Commerce's Oak Ridge 2005-2006 Community Profile; and for Naperville Area Chamber of Commerce's "Naperville -- 175 Years of Success" manufacturer.
* Publication design (magazine or book), covers and spreads: Craig William Creative Inc. for San Antonio's Chamber of Commerce's San Antonio Cover Series; and Southeast Missourian for Concord Publishing House's Bollinger and Scott County "Faces & Places."
* Poster, single: Horizon Media Group/Paducah Printing for its Farmers Market Poster for Paducah Main Street; and Southeast Missouri State University for the 2005 Southeast Missouri State Baseball Poster.
* Poster, campaign: Red Letter Communications for Minute Guard Posters.
* Special event material, card: Horizon Media Group/Paducah Printing for LOAF Grocery postcard.
* Special event material, invitation: Concord Publishing House for the wedding invitation of Rex and Sherry Rust.
* Special event material, campaign: Concord Publishing House for Southeast Missourian Centenntial Celebration.
* Business-to business, single: Craign Williams Creative Inc. for "Naperville -- 175 years of Sucess."
* Consumer campaign: Saint Francis Medical Center's January Campaign Direct Mail.
* Fractional page, color: Southeast Missourian for Lang's Jewelers.
* Full page, color: Saint Francis Medical Center for Level III NICU Capabilities Print Ad.
* Campaign, color: Saint Francis Medical Center for January Campaign Print Ads.
* Local, 30 seconds: Withers Broadcasting, Thriftway Drugs.
* Local, 60 seconds: River Radios for Rhodes 101 Stop's Fresh Brewed Tea.
* Local, 30 seconds: Saint Francis Medial Center for January Campaign TV-Cardiac.
* Campaign: Saint Francis Medical Center for Medical Minute; and Horizon Media Group/Paducah Printing for Keene Optical's Lulu Guiness TV Campaign.
* Self-Promotion: KFVS12 for Heartland News' Heartland Football Friday.
* Collateral, brochure: The Wright Group for Ronald McDonald House Charities of Metro St.'s Heroes of the Heart.
* Collateral, poster: Horizon Media Group/Paducah Printing for Project Aids Orphan Poster.
* Collateral, print: Southeast Missouri Hospital for "Vim & Vigor."
Advertising industry self-promotion
* Creative services and industry suppliers, collateral: Concord Publishing House for Concord Printing Services' Wide Format Brochure; and The Wright Group for One Source.
* Creative services and industry suppliers, direct marketing/specialty: The Wright Group for "Cut the Mustard."
* Ad club or marketing club: KFVS12 for Tri-State AMP's 2004 ADDY Awards.
* Interactive media, online: Southeast Missouri Hospital for Interactive Kids Games.
* Interactive media, interactive multimedia: Saint Francis Medical Center for physician recruitment DVD.
* Out-of-home, campaign: Red Letter Communications for Cape Visitors Bureau's Visit Cape Girardeau Billboards.
* Trade publication, campaign, four color: Red Letter Communications for DeWitt Company's DeWitt Product Ads.
* Mix media campaigns: Red Letter Communications for STIHL Inc's STIHL Tv2005; and The Wright Group for Semco Distributing, Inc.'s Semco Campaign.
* Advertising for the Arts & Sciences, collateral, brochure: Southeast Missouri State University for River Campus Search Piece; and buypolar industries for Schoool of Art and Design SIUC's Rickert-Ziebold Trust Award.
* Advertising for the Arts & Sciences, collateral, poster: Southeast Missouri State University for River Campus Poster.
* Elements of Advertising, illustration: Red Letter Communications for the Cape Visitors Bureau Visit Cape Girardeau Billboards.
* Elements of Advertising, photography, color: Craig Williams Creative Inc. for "Naperville -- 175 Years of Success," Historic Hand; Craig Williams Creative Inc. for "Naperville -- 175 Years of Success," Photo of Girl; and The Wright Group for Semco Distributing Inc.'s "Terry Smith's Kitchen."
* Elements of Advertising, photography, campaign: Horizon Media Group/Paducah Printing for Paducah Bank Expression Photo Campaign.
* Student, campaign-Mixed Media: Emily Wilson for "Southeast Public Radio: A Sound Investment"; and Meagan Reynolds for Ford Groves' Owners Manual, Guide to Your New Ford Groves.