- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Local man reported missing since Tuesday
A 37-year-old man was reported missing when friends were unable to find him following a night out.
Scott Cornman was last seen around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday in the parking lot of the Pilot House, 3532 Perryville Road near Cape Girardeau.
The next morning his car was found across the street with a flat tire and the driver's side window rolled halfway down, according to his live-in partner, John Miller.
Cape Girardeau County sheriff's officers and family members helped search for Cornman Thursday between the Pilot House and his home on Route W, Lt. David James said.
According to James, there was no evidence suggesting foul play.
While it was unusual that Cornman's vehicle was not missing with him, James said, "That doesn't mean he didn't leave with someone."
Cornman, who has worked at SBC for the last 10 years, was not the type to leave and not tell anyone, according to Miller.
"He's such a scheduled person," he said.
Neither co-workers nor family members in Marble Hill, Mo., have heard from Cornman since he went missing, Miller said.
Miller said Cornman gets along with everyone and has never encountered any hostility.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Cornman were urged to call the Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department at 243-3551.