- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Area digest 2/23/06
Presidents Day Run rescheduled for March 11
The Presidents Day Run, sponsored by the Allen Laws Oliver Chapter of the Missouri Society of the National Society Sons of the American Revolution, was postponed this past Saturday and has been rescheduled for March 11.
The 3.1-mile race still will start and finish at the Red Star Baptist Church at 1301 N. Main St. in Cape Girardeau. It is scheduled to begin still at 8 a.m.
Registration on race day is open from 7 to 7:45 a.m. The entry fee is $15 on race day.
For information about the race, call 334-1415.
Friends of NRA banquet planned for March 25
The Cape Area Friends of NRA will host its annual banquet March 25 at the Bavarian Halle, 257 Drury Lane in Jackson, near exit 105 on Interstate 55.
Discounts are available for tickets purchased before March 17.
For information, call Dale Vogelsang, 243-3404, or Leon Dickerson, 243-4133.
-- From staff reports