- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Knicks deal two to Magic for Francis
NEW YORK. -- Steve Francis was traded Wednesday from the Orlando Magic to the last-place New York Knicks for Penny Hardaway and Trevor Ariza.
Francis is averaging 16.2 points to lead the Magic, but the star guard has feuded with coach Brian Hill this season. By dealing him for Hardaway's expiring contract, the Magic will get salary cap relief after this season.
In New York, Francis will be teamed with Stephon Marbury, forming one of the league's most expensive backcourts. The deal came a day before the NBA trading deadline.
New York was 15-37 entering Tuesday night and had the second-worst record in the league. Orlando was 19-33, third in the Southeast Division.