- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Famous Barr bomb threat unfounded; police seek instigator
A bomb threat at Famous Barr in Cape Girardeau proved to be false, and police were searching for the instigator.
A message written Wednesday afternoon on the inside of a public bathroom in the department store, 100 West Park Mall, stated there was a bomb in the building, according to police Sgt. Kevin Orr.
An investigation by police later proved the threat unfounded, he said. The building was not evacuated.
Police have developed leads on who wrote the threat, but there had been no arrests as of early Wednesday night, Orr said.