- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Redhawks win for third time, reach .500 mark
FORT WAYNE, Ind. -- The Southeast Missouri State women's tennis team evened its record by bringing home its third dual win in two days, 4-3 over Oakland University on Saturday.
The Redhawks (3-3) saved a match point in a 9-7 doubles win by sisters Bryce and Drew Kristal to help win the doubles point, then brought home the top three singles matches to clinch the win.
Bryce and Drew Kristal both won singles matches, as did Julia Masotti and Juliana Negosek. Masotti-Negosek had the other doubles win.
Southeast will next face Ohio Valley Conference foe Tennessee State on March 4 on the road in its first outdoor match.
"We got the sweep this weekend," Southeast coach Jay Pacelli said. "That was very good after coming back from a long day [Friday] to play some good tennis."
Southeast 4, Oakland 3
Singles -- 1. Bryce Kristal (S) def. Teuta Lulgjuraj 6-2, 7-6 (7-5); 2. Drew Kristal (S) def. Amanda Scheer 6-2, 6-1; 3. Julia Masotti (S) def. Michelle Maxfield 6-1, 6-1; 4. Juliana Negosek (S) def. Angela Trecola 6-2, 6-1; 5. Jessica Erickson (O) def. Kimmy Anderson 6-2, 4-6 (10-6); 6. Lauren Sanchez-Murphy (O) def. Morgan Kemp 7-6 (7-4), 6-3
Doubles -- 1. Kristel-Kristel (S) def. Lulgjuraj-Erickson 9-7; 2. Negosek-Masotti (S) def. Scheer-Maxfield 8-1; 3. Trecola-Sanchez-Murphy (O) def. Anderson-Kemp 8-3