- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Robert Conrad Malahy, 87, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, July 9, 2003, at Ratliff Care Center.
He was born Sept. 3, 1915, in Shawnee, Okla., son of John and Elizabeth Weisenborn Malahy. He and Charlotte G. Olson were married Jan. 4, 1947, in St. James, Minn.
Malahy was a graduate of Oklahoma Baptist University, and received a master's degree from Oklahoma University.
He taught at Oklahoma Baptist, St. Gregory's University in Shawnee, Okla., and at Southeast Missouri State University where he retired from the business department in 1981.
Malahy was a member of American Legion, VFW, U.S. Tennis Association and Super Senior Tennis Hall of Fame.
He served with the 53rd Fighter Group in the U.S. Army Air Force from 1941 to 1946.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Barry Malahy of Jackson, Robert Malahy Jr. of Houston, Texas; a brother, John Malahy Jr. of Mesa, Ariz.; and five grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 9 to 9:45 a.m. Monday.
Graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Monday at Fairmount Cemetery, with Dr. Clayton Smith officiating.