- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)26
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)8
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Use local PR, marketing folks for city tourism
To the editor:
Before hiring professional consultants on how to market Cape Girardeau, I believe the Convention and Visitors Bureau director could reach out to some of the professionals in public relations and marketing in town first as a preliminary step.
There are PR and marketing folks at the university. Some upper-class PR and marketing students could help with this venture by doing a lot of the leg work.
When I was in school, we had real clients. We had a promotion plan which addressed costs, publicity, surveys, how it was measured, target markets and the competition.
Local talent could be used only as a first step - then do the consultant thing.
VANCE S. PAWIELSKI