- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Use local PR, marketing folks for city tourism
To the editor:
Before hiring professional consultants on how to market Cape Girardeau, I believe the Convention and Visitors Bureau director could reach out to some of the professionals in public relations and marketing in town first as a preliminary step.
There are PR and marketing folks at the university. Some upper-class PR and marketing students could help with this venture by doing a lot of the leg work.
When I was in school, we had real clients. We had a promotion plan which addressed costs, publicity, surveys, how it was measured, target markets and the competition.
Local talent could be used only as a first step - then do the consultant thing.
VANCE S. PAWIELSKI