- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ULLIN, Ill. -- Loyd Arthur Twente, 100, of Ullin, formerly of Tamms, Ill., and Columbia, Tenn., died Sunday, Feb. 12, 2006, at Ratliff Care Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 25, 1905, in Olive Branch, Ill., son of the late Louis Arvene and Eva Westerman Twente.
Mr. Twente was a retired carpenter and farmer. He was a member and deacon of First Baptist Church in Spring Hill, Tenn., and former member of Sandy Creek Baptist Church in Tamms.
Survivors include his wife, Virtus Lucille Harvell Twente of Ullin; two daughters and sons-in-law, Marilyn and Gene Legg of Columbia, Vivian and George Eudy of McClure, Ill.; a brother, Ernest Twente of Florida; five grandchildren, Kenneth Legg, Debbie Legg Cornwell, Tracy Legg Roper, Jay Eudy and Shaun Eudy; eight great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; nieces and nephews.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms from 10 a.m. to service time today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Randy Roper officiating. Interment will be in McCrite Cemetery near Tamms.
Pallbearers will be Jay Eudy, Shaun Eudy, Kenneth Legg, Joel Legg, Josh Legg and Jeremy Legg.