- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Cape police reports 2/14/06
The following items were released by the Cape Girardeau Police Department. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Dani A. Tharnish, 19, of 106 Parkwood Ave., was arrested for operating an unlicensed motor vehicle and possession of a controlled substance.
* Buick A. Tharnish, 25, of 106 Parkwood Ave., was arrested for possession of a controlled substance.
* Cameron D. McElwarth, 38, of Auburn, Ill., received a summons for failure to maintain property.
* Two domestic assaults were reported.
* Pro Car Wash, 2418 Bloomfield Road, reported the theft of money.
* Famous-Barr, 100 West Park Mall, reported a theft.
* BP State, 3276 William St., reported the theft of gasoline.
* A rifle was reported stolen from 825 N. Spanish St.
* Rhodes 101, 1624 N. Kingshighway, reported the theft of gasoline.
* Nearly Perfect Shoes, 209 S. Kingshighway, reported a burglary and the theft of money.
* A burglary was reported.
* A 16-year-old boy was cited into juvenile court for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Southeast Missouri State University
The following item was released by the Southeast Missouri State University Department of Public Safety. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Susan A. Sametz, 19, of Towers North, received a summons for failure to appear for possession of a controlled substance.