- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
GRASSY, Mo. -- Earl Jewell Sitzes, of Grassy died Saturday, Feb. 11, 2006, at his residence.
He was born Dec. 7, 1932, in Arab, Mo., son of Emanuel Jacobs and Susan Ethel Fish Sitzes. He and Betty Jean Harris were married on Feb. 16, 1952, in Piggott, Ark.
Sitzes was a retired maintenance carpenter for N.L. Industries in St. Louis and was a member of Grassy Friendship Church.
Survivors include two sons, Gary Sitzes of McGee, Mo. and Steven Sitzes of Wemago, Kan.; two daughters, Patricia Blake of Bolivar, Mo. and Roberta Schwanter of St. Louis; a brother, Roy Sitzes of Bethaldo, Ill.; a sister, Rose Shirrell of Zalma; and seven grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral chapel with the Rev. Bill McCormick officiating. Burial will be at Baker Cemetery in Marble Hill.