- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Cecelia Leona Morie, 98, of Chaffee died Thursday, Feb. 9, 2006, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Feb. 27, 1907, at New Hamburg, Mo., daughter of John Benjamin and Magdalena Scherer LeGrand. She and Peter A. Morie were married Oct. 29, 1929. He died Aug. 5, 1997.
Morie worked at Thorngate Ltd. in Chaffee, retiring as a trimmer in 1973. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and daughters of St. Ambrose.
Survivors include a daughter, Marie Kern of New Hamburg; two grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by a son, two sisters and five brothers.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. Sunday. Parish prayers will be at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Revs. Ralph Duffner and Normand Varone officiating. Burial will be in St. Lawrence Catholic Cemetery at New Hamburg.