- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Redhawks tennis team drops opener
The Southeast Missouri State women's tennis team fell to Louisville 7-0 on the road Friday in the season-opener for the Redhawks.
The Redhawks did not take more than two games in a single set throughout the match. Bryce Kristal had the closest match in singles, losing the No. 1 singles match 6-1, 6-2 to Robyn White.
Southeast will play a pair of matches this weekend in St. Louis at the Sunset Tennis Center. The Redhawks will face Arkansas-Little Rock at 5:30 p.m. today and St. Louis University on Sunday.
Freshman gymnast Sandra Blake received her second straight Midwest Independent Conference gymnast of the week honor for her performance in a Redhawks win over Texas Women's University on Feb. 4.
Blake won the floor competition with a 9.825, and she finished second in both the uneven bars (9.850) and balance beam (9.750). For the third straight meet Blake won the all-around comeptition, this time with a season-high 38.975.
Southeast will compete tonight at Illinois-Chicago.