- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Calgary scorches road-weary Blues with OT goal for 3-2 win
CALGARY, Alberta -- Dion Phaneuf scored twice, including the game-winner in overtime, to lead the Calgary Flames to a 3-2 victory over the St. Louis Blues on Friday night.
After St. Louis defenseman Barret Jackman took a hooking penalty 1:37 into the extra period, the Flames controlled the puck and fired six shots at Blues goalie Patrick Lalime before Phaneuf finally got one past him at 2:40 with a hard slapshot inside the near post.
It was Phaneuf's 14th goal of the season, tops among rookie defensemen. His 12 power-play scores ties him for second among all rookies.
Andrew Ference also scored for Calgary, which played its final game before the Olympic break. The Flames are assured of at least a tie for first place in the Northwest Divison at the break.
Rookie defenseman Dennis Wideman scored twice for St. Louis, which has won just once in its last 12 road games (1-7-4).
Brian Boucher, acquired from Phoenix earlier this month, stopped 20 shots in his Flames debut.