- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Hazel Irene Clippard, 82, of Oak Ridge died Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born Nov. 24, 1920, in Jackson, daughter of Huey Lynn and Bertha Martha Froemsdorf Conley. She and John Pershing Clippard were married Dec. 6, 1941. He died Dec. 8, 1987.
Clippard worked in laundry service 10 years at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau, and retired in 1976 from Lee-Rowan Co. in Jackson. She was a member of First Baptist Church in Oak Ridge, and its Women's Missionary Union.
Survivors include four sons, John Clippard II of Oak Ridge, Lynn Clippard of Festus, Mo., Donald Clippard of Farmington, Mo., Terry Clippard of Walton, Ind.; three daughters, Brenda Stearns of Fredericktown, Mo., Wanda Busby of St. Clair, Mo., Barbara Berkbigler of Friedheim, Mo.; a brother, Elwood Conley of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Marie Orrel of Jackson; 18 grandchildren; and 24 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and after 9 a.m. Friday at First Baptist Church in Oak Ridge.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. Jon Sedgwick officiating. Burial will be in Snider Cemetery.