- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Nancy M. Burnett, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, July 8, 2003, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born July 13, 1917, in Commerce, Texas, daughter of William Harvey and Fannie Leah Pritchard Mantooth. She and Melvin M. Burnett were married April 18, 1942, in Denver, Colo. He died in 1996.
Burnett was a graduate of East Texas State Teachers College and had been a teacher. She lived in Munich, Germany, three years, and in Arlington, Va., 38 years, moving to Cape Girardeau two years ago. She was a member of Clarinden United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a brother, Bill Mantooth of Cape Girardeau.
A prayer service was held Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, with the Rev. Scott Moon officiating. A graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at Rose Mound Cemetery in Commerce, Texas.