- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)6
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)10
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
ARBOR, Mo. -- Herbert Leon Blattel, 78, of Arbor passed away Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2006, at his home.
He was born Sept. 10, 1927, at Kelso, Mo., son of Herman and Blanche Hamm Blattel. He and Loretta A. Jansen were married Oct. 27, 1951, at Leopold, Mo.
Herbert had farmed at Arbor. He also worked as a handyman at St. Joseph Catholic Church in Advance, Mo.; as a carpenter; then at Superior Electric. He was a member of St. Joseph Church and Knights of Columbus.
Survivors include his wife; two sons and daughters-in-law, Herbert and Wanda Blattel Jr. of Arbor, Bob and Carla Blattel of Arbor; two daughters and sons-in-law, LaDonna and Lindell Lesch of Arbor, Janie and Kenneth Kidd of Arbor; 13 grandchildren, Janie Adams Kirkpatrick, Melissa Adams Parks, Robbie Adams, Regina Adams, Amy Blattel White, Andy, Luke and Cody Blattel, Chris, Sara and Seth Blattel, Jessica and Wyatt Kidd; a stepgranddaughter, Chaundra Lesch Mason; 15 great-grandchildren; seven great-stepgrandchildren; a sister and brother-in-law, Ramona and Sylvester Glastetter of Kelso; and a sister-in-law, Irene Blattel of Kelso.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Charles and Cornelius Blattel; and a son-in-law, Robert L. Adams.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance from 4 to 8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 7.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Joseph Church, with the Rev. David Dohogne officiating. Burial will be in St. Joseph Cemetery in Advance.