- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Dora L. Smith, 86, of Cape Girardeau died Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2006, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born May 14, 1919, in Evansville, Ind., daughter of Freeman and Theresa Shoulet Kline. She and Vincent Smith were married June 29, 1941, in St. Louis. He preceded her in death Jan. 4, 2005.
Mrs. Smith was employed by Carter Carburetor in St. Louis more than 36 years, retiring in 1977. She was a member of Old St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
She is survived by friends, Paul and Geneva Essner family of Benton, Mo., Rick and Marion Adams family of Warrenton, Mo., Robert and Lisa Lieb family of St. Louis; numerous cousins from Indiana; and many dear friends.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday. Parish prayers will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Church, with the Rev. Tom Kiefer officiating. A committal service will be held at 2:30 p.m. in the Masonic Cemetery at Piedmont, Mo.