- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Bush won by getting the most votes
To the editor:
In the insert in the paper on presidents, it states that President George W. Bush was the only president selected by the Supreme Court. Excuse me, but the last account I had was President Bush had the most votes -- counted, recounted and recounted. The Florida Supreme Court was twisting every which way to give the presidency to Al Gore. The fact is, any which way they counted it, President Bush won the most votes. If I am mistaken, show me the explanation.
RAYMOND LUNBECK, Sikeston, Mo.