- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Bush won by getting the most votes
To the editor:
In the insert in the paper on presidents, it states that President George W. Bush was the only president selected by the Supreme Court. Excuse me, but the last account I had was President Bush had the most votes -- counted, recounted and recounted. The Florida Supreme Court was twisting every which way to give the presidency to Al Gore. The fact is, any which way they counted it, President Bush won the most votes. If I am mistaken, show me the explanation.
RAYMOND LUNBECK, Sikeston, Mo.