- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)1
- Police search for two suspects in abduction, robbery case; victim found unharmed in Scott County field (6/16/17)1
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
Bush won by getting the most votes
To the editor:
In the insert in the paper on presidents, it states that President George W. Bush was the only president selected by the Supreme Court. Excuse me, but the last account I had was President Bush had the most votes -- counted, recounted and recounted. The Florida Supreme Court was twisting every which way to give the presidency to Al Gore. The fact is, any which way they counted it, President Bush won the most votes. If I am mistaken, show me the explanation.
RAYMOND LUNBECK, Sikeston, Mo.