- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Bush won by getting the most votes
To the editor:
In the insert in the paper on presidents, it states that President George W. Bush was the only president selected by the Supreme Court. Excuse me, but the last account I had was President Bush had the most votes -- counted, recounted and recounted. The Florida Supreme Court was twisting every which way to give the presidency to Al Gore. The fact is, any which way they counted it, President Bush won the most votes. If I am mistaken, show me the explanation.
RAYMOND LUNBECK, Sikeston, Mo.