- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)29
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Bush won by getting the most votes
To the editor:
In the insert in the paper on presidents, it states that President George W. Bush was the only president selected by the Supreme Court. Excuse me, but the last account I had was President Bush had the most votes -- counted, recounted and recounted. The Florida Supreme Court was twisting every which way to give the presidency to Al Gore. The fact is, any which way they counted it, President Bush won the most votes. If I am mistaken, show me the explanation.
RAYMOND LUNBECK, Sikeston, Mo.