- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)2
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
Preval on track to be Haiti's next president, initial vote results show
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti -- Rene Preval, a former president seen as a champion of the poor, appeared headed toward victory Thursday as the first partial returns put him in the lead in Haiti's presidential election.
Preval won 61.5 percent of 282,327 valid votes counted so far, Haiti's electoral council said. It refused to say what percentage of the total votes cast these figures represented. According to the United Nations, a majority of Haiti's 3.5 million eligible voters cast ballots.
The announcement reinforced earlier comments before the release of the election's first results, with a campaign official said Preval had won almost 68 percent of the votes that had been counted so far.