- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Health briefs/calendar 2/9/06
Workshop on falls management offered
A workshop to provide the tools needed to build a falls management program or remodel an existing program, will be offered Feb. 23 at Mineral Area College in Park Hills, Mo. The workshop is sponsored by the Missouri League for Nursing and will be presented by registered nurse Marilyn Wright, who has more than 20 year's experience in long-term care at the Missouri Veterans Home in Mount Vernon. For information about the number of credit hours and registration, call the MLN at (573) 635-5355.
"Ask Your Doctor," 8 to 9 p.m. cable Channel 5. Dr. Anna Maria Guidos will discuss inpatient rehabilitation, and welcomes questions from viewers at 334-3095.
Free blood pressure screening, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m., Main Street Pharmacy in Jackson. For information, call 651-5825 or 204-8151.
Infant massage, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., Meeting Room 102 in the Southeast Missouri Hospital lobby. To register, call 651-5825.
Become hooked on reading, free program for parents and children ages 11 and older, 6:30 to 8 p.m., Harrison Room at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Gaylon Smith will help participants learn how to remember what they read and keep their mind from wandering, speed up their reading and to read smoothly. To register, call 651-5825.
Asthma education program, 6:30 p.m., for children and adults with asthma and their families. Class size is limited. To register, call 651-5825.
Infant/Parent swim class, first day of an eight-week class held at 1:30 and 6:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at HealthPoint Fitness Center. To register, call 986-4400.
Healthy Points, 6 to 7:15 p.m., HealthPoint Fitness,. For people who want to lose 10 to 30 pounds. Monthly meetings are ongoing; join any time. Call 986-4400.
Beginning swimming for children 3 to 5 years old, Health Point Plaza, 7 p.m., begins today. To register, call 986-4400. Class size is limited.
Diabetes self-management education, 1 p.m. Generations Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Nurse Linda Lawrence will present a program on exercise for the diabetic. To register, call 651-5844.
SHARE grief support group, for anyone who has lost a child due to miscarriage, stillbirth, neonatal death or ectopic pregnancy, 7 to 8:30 p.m. Generations Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
Grief Support Group, 7 p.m. Grace United Methodist Church. Program topic will be "Surviving Grief: Am I Normal?" For information, call 651-5549 or 651-5519.
Living Well with Diabetes, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Fitness Plus Conference room. Physician referral required to attend. For information, call 331-5897.
-- From staff reports