- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Carl E. Phillips, 88, of Anna died Monday, Feb. 6, 2006, at Union County Hospital.
He was born Jan. 31, 1917, in Union County, Ill., son of George Henry and Molly McNew Phillips. He married Aleen "Flo" Phillips, who preceded him in death.
Phillips was a 1935 graduate of Anna-Jonesboro High School. He was a heavy equipment operator. He was a member of Operating Engineers Local 150, a 33rd Degree member of Shriners and a Master Mason.
He was formerly of Cadiz, Ky., and the Chicago area.
He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War II.
Survivors include four nieces, Susanne McHenry and Shirley Fuller of Anna, Gladys Jones of Herrin, Ill., and Peg Miller of Kankakee, Ill.
There is no service. Burial will be private.
Crain Funeral Home in Anna is in charge of arrangements.